Their research found that changing functionalities of a chair to the sitters activities plays more of a role in healthy sitting posture than generalized dynamic chair technologies.
So choose ergonomic features to make your perfect office chair!
1) The Back Rest Should Have Adjustable Lumbar Support.
If you want to sit with reliable proper posture in the lower back, then having an adjustable lumbar support system is a MUST. Avoid memory foam pillows because they do not curve to your spine with as much accuracy.
2) Look For A Thick Back Rest & Ergonomically Curved Seat Pad.
If your legs are constantly falling asleep during long sitting sessions, it may be a lack of a contouring waterfall seat pad. These seats make circulation easier on the lower half of your body. Be sure that your prospective office chair has curved edges, move on if not!
3) The Chair Should Be Able To Tilt & Lock In Place.
Adjustable tilt-forward-control increases overall mobility. It usually takes this feature is usually for granted, but when it’s missing. The sitting experience is noticeably worse.
4) Armrest Are Optional Depending On Workstation Activities.
One sitters sanctuary is another sitters nightmare. Armrest are a personal preference that really depend on what you will do while sitting and the chair’s surroundings.
Certain situations and (or) desk make armrest a more painful sitting experience than without them. Choosing a set of armrest that compliments the activities you’ll be taking part in while using the chair can enhance the sitting experience.
Luckily many chairs give the user the option to take them off so make sure to look for detachable armrest in the features description.
In situations where mobility is the top priority, the slide-down armrest is an ideal choice. Four-directional armrest make for a better experience however if the situation is long termed such as gaming or video editing.
Are cushioned armrest or vinyl non-padded armrest right for you?
- Cushion armrest are better for workplace situations. If you often wear short sleeve shirts, cushion armrest might show earlier signs of wear and tear because of the bodies natural oils.
- Non-padded armrest are made from durable material and are commonly used to address this issue.
5) Headrest are beneficial depending on how you sit.
If you like to sit leaning back in your chair and rest while reclining, then the headrest is a great additional feature. Avoid stationary headrest or exterior pillows!!
Adjustable headrest is the ideal choice because they can position these ergonomically based on the individual sitter.